Monday, June 06, 2005

Come to the dark side...

Ok so today I actually took my new G5 out of the box and set it up. It was super simple to setup, in about 15 minutes I put everything together, had setup my email, setup my TCP/IP settings, installed all the programs, and updated OS X. So at this point I start playing around and I got to tell you....this thing is sweet. Windows XP Pro has nothing on OS X. The interface is incredible and the software that COMES with OS X is actually useful. I started off with the browser, then checked out their email client, then checked out iChat (so hawt), learned some short cut keys, learned how to use iMovie to make a short movie of which I will post tomorrow, tried out Garbage band and played the piano for a while, looked at setting up php but decided not to today (at least not without consulting J-Dy.) I am going to do some more playing around tomorrow. All and all I am happy with my first mac OS X experience.

1 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

for 3 days running, i have taken the G5 at my work and stood it on it's head on my way out the door. each day, the user complains in mystery "who the shit keeps flippin my mac??"

yeah, i love that.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home