Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's Been a While

It's been a very long time since I've added an entry, over two months. I haven't been slack for the mere fact that nothing's been going on, I just been slack...well...because I'm slack. Since my last entry I've been to a wedding, two funerals, and 6 movies. I've completed two special projects at work and have been doing a lot of work on the side.
So today was an interesting day. I spent the whole day WITHOUT doing a lick of work. I didn't check my email, I didn't work on a website for anyone else, and in fact I only used my computer to look up movie times and to assist Josh with finding his cell phone. I ended up wasting time by playing Far Cry for XBOX, eating Rolly Polly's with my neighbor, and then going to the movies. I saw two movies with the reoccurring theme that there is no such thing as coincidence. Everything happens for a reason and there is no such thing as chance. The movies were "16 blocks" (which I thought was a short film about my toy chest as a child, yeah I didn't have a lot of toys) and "V for Vendetta" (which I thought could be about "W", if he stayed in the White House any longer) I guess this theme is important to me because I am no longer at the point of wondering IF this is where I'm supposed to be at this point in my life. I am more focused on the tasks God needs me to complete before he carries me to the next point that I need to be at. "16 Blocks" was a pretty ok movie and a great way of showing that people can change and it's never to late to do what's right. V for Vendetta was much better though. It was action packed, had wonderfully developed plot, the main character had impeccable diction, and the central message that I took from it is that we are all responsible for each other and responsible for the things that we THINK we have no control over. Well I need to go to bed so I can go to church tomorrow. ~Night


2.68

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home