What a great beach weekend
So this weekend was hot. I caught a ride down to SC to see my best friend from home Mike. He has just gotten out of the Air Force and now lives right outside of Myrtle Beach. This is the first time I've seen him in almost a year. It was indeed a perfect weekend, we played a lot of video games, went to the beach, did some window shopping in the mall and at Broadway on the beach, ate great food, watched great movies. (Stealth wasn't a bad movie, saw that in theaters.) It's weird going from seeing someone everyday to seeing them twice a year. Kind of like graduating from college all over again.
So it's been a while since I "blogged it up" and gave actual information about my life, so it's time to update the.....hmmm, carry the three and that makes 4 people that read my blog. lol (yes I counted myself, I'm a loser ;) Anyway, I finally got my first raise at work. It wasn't the ginormus increase I was hoping for, but it wasn't so low that it insulted my feelings of self worth (like females often do lol) and made me want to leave just yet. I can however say that now I am OFFICIALLY underpaid. :) So what does this promotion mean for me? This means I don't have to do the grunt work AS much. I will actually get sent to training and for certifications all expenses paid. This also means my new laptop will get ordered the first week in September or the week after if I am on vacation. This also means I get 4 ibm blade servers to do Novell training and web development testing on. I am going to learn alot from this place before I leave. It means a lot more too, but I can't tell you everything at once.
In other news, I have been working on several sites for my business too and people have been requesting weird stuff, but I think I can do it. I got a request to do an ad for a paper that I am looking to do now, and also a request to make a slide show dvd. VERY EASY and I can charge a lot for it (but I probably won't). I'll post work up here when I get it finished. Consider yourself updated, time for sleep.
So it's been a while since I "blogged it up" and gave actual information about my life, so it's time to update the.....hmmm, carry the three and that makes 4 people that read my blog. lol (yes I counted myself, I'm a loser ;) Anyway, I finally got my first raise at work. It wasn't the ginormus increase I was hoping for, but it wasn't so low that it insulted my feelings of self worth (like females often do lol) and made me want to leave just yet. I can however say that now I am OFFICIALLY underpaid. :) So what does this promotion mean for me? This means I don't have to do the grunt work AS much. I will actually get sent to training and for certifications all expenses paid. This also means my new laptop will get ordered the first week in September or the week after if I am on vacation. This also means I get 4 ibm blade servers to do Novell training and web development testing on. I am going to learn alot from this place before I leave. It means a lot more too, but I can't tell you everything at once.
In other news, I have been working on several sites for my business too and people have been requesting weird stuff, but I think I can do it. I got a request to do an ad for a paper that I am looking to do now, and also a request to make a slide show dvd. VERY EASY and I can charge a lot for it (but I probably won't). I'll post work up here when I get it finished. Consider yourself updated, time for sleep.
1 Comments:
COOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
you need to call me. i'm emailing you the number fool.
Post a Comment
<< Home