Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Spectacular

I went to Durham to visit J-Dy this weekend and to go to Summit Church's Christmas Spectacular and I got to say it was nothing short of Spectacular. I made it to Durham Saturday just in time to catch some grub, play one game of Wii sports at J-Dy's place and then head to the event. It was truly awesome and just what I needed. I've seen so many Christmas things going on since November, but I got to say this is the first one that was about Christ. It's amazing how commercial Christmas has gotten and how much people have forgotten that Christ is the reason for the season. I think it was put very eloquently that if you think Christmas is just about a baby being born in a manger then you're missing half of the message. Christmas is not about a baby being born in a manger it's about Christ being born in your heart. It's about celebrating Christ in our lives everyday.
After we left from the "Spectacular" grabbed grub from the dub and then played more wii. I ended up leaving right after church (which was awesome, JD actually quoted Talladega Nights) Sunday although I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had a prior engagement.

2.25

2 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

Christ is the point of the season... YOU are the reason. Christ came to save YOU - to buy you back from sin for the service of the living God.

5:01 PM  
Blogger c00se said...

You couldn't have said it any better

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home