Tattoos
Someone asked me the other day for the reason that I'd NEVER get a tatoo. I explained their are several reasons.
Reason #1 comes from this bible verse I Corinthians 6:12
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
What this means to me is that my body is a dwelling place of the Lord. God should always live in my heart and it should be exhibited in everything I do. It should show always in my actions, my words, and my thoughts (even though it doesn't always). So what does this have to do with tatoos you ask? Well think about it...a church is arguably another place the Lord dwells in. If you saw a church that was grafftied from head to toe, I'm sure you wouldn't feel completely at peace worshipping there and even if you did, I'm sure someone would paint over the church and make it look presentable.
Reason #2 is simple. God made me and he made me with everything that I need. He didn't make me with a sign on my arm that says mom, or R.I.P. to one of my homies, or the name of an ex girlfriend. It's also the same reason I won't get a piercing. I wasn't made with metal coming out of my ear, so why do I need it there.
Reason #3 They look horrible when you get old
Reason #4 I don't like needles
Now with that being said, I don't believe that tattoos are a bad thing (I just wouldn't get one). In fact all of my best friends have a tattoo OR a piercing.
Anyways, that answers the question about why I have no plans to get a tattoo.
Reason #1 comes from this bible verse I Corinthians 6:12
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?"
What this means to me is that my body is a dwelling place of the Lord. God should always live in my heart and it should be exhibited in everything I do. It should show always in my actions, my words, and my thoughts (even though it doesn't always). So what does this have to do with tatoos you ask? Well think about it...a church is arguably another place the Lord dwells in. If you saw a church that was grafftied from head to toe, I'm sure you wouldn't feel completely at peace worshipping there and even if you did, I'm sure someone would paint over the church and make it look presentable.
Reason #2 is simple. God made me and he made me with everything that I need. He didn't make me with a sign on my arm that says mom, or R.I.P. to one of my homies, or the name of an ex girlfriend. It's also the same reason I won't get a piercing. I wasn't made with metal coming out of my ear, so why do I need it there.
Reason #3 They look horrible when you get old
Reason #4 I don't like needles
Now with that being said, I don't believe that tattoos are a bad thing (I just wouldn't get one). In fact all of my best friends have a tattoo OR a piercing.
Anyways, that answers the question about why I have no plans to get a tattoo.

1 Comments:
i still have the holes, but i took all my metal out... and the day i come up w/a tattoo i know i'll want forever, i'll get it.
Post a Comment
<< Home